For displaced, misplaced, and nostalgic ex-Manhattanites
[ HELP and Instructions ]
Registration is necessary for posting messages or follow-up messages on The Manhattan Board. This requirement is needed to attach a small degree of responsibility to the posting process, and help minimize the abuse that often occurs on bulletin boards.
The information you provide by registering will never be made available to anyone, and will only be used for controlling who is allowed to post messages on The Manhattan Board and contacting registrants about Manhattan Board-related issues. When you post messages or follow-ups, you will have the opportunity to indicate whether or not your email address should be included with your message. The default (if you do not choose) will always be to not include it.
Fraudulent information may result in the termination of your registration without notice.
SPAM filtering software may be installed on your computer or used by your email provider or internet service provider. To ensure that you receive our response to you, do one of the following:
The registration process will not work if you can not receive our email response.
- Add the "manhattanboard.com" domain to your email "safe list"
- If your settings do not allow you to add email addresses to a "safe list," use the email Help section or contact your email/internet provider's Customer Support to research your configuration options
- Disable your email filtering "SPAM" software on your computer until you receive our response
All fields must be filled in. Please provide the information in the above form as follows:
Once you've entered all the information, click on "Register". You will receive a confirmation note and instructions on how to finish the registration process.
[ Back to the Top ]
|| [ Return to The Manhattan Board ]
- First Name
- Enter your real first name and middle initial, if desired.
- Last Name
- Enter your real last name. The name you enter here will NOT be used in the "Name" field when you post messages. It's only used for our registration database. You will be able to use whatever name or nickname you prefer when posting messages.
- Email Address
- This field must contain a valid email address in the form firstname.lastname@example.org. (For example, "email@example.com" is valid, "firstname.lastname@example.org" is valid, but "joe_smith" is not valid.) The email address you enter must be for your internet service provider or your internet access provider. Email addresses from free web-based services (such as "hotmail" or "netzero") will not be accepted and are subject to cancellation without notice.
If you do not own a computer, or can't afford a subscription to an Internet Service Provider, please send a note to
for an alternate registration requirement.
AOL Subscribers: AOL typically imposes a filter on your mailbox that may prevent you from receiving email from this process. You must turn off this filter before you can register with The Manhattan Board.
- Email Address AGAIN
- Enter the same email address you entered above. This is to help prevent miskeyed addresses that may otherwise go unnoticed.
- Enter whatever password you prefer, up to 20 bytes in length. It may include any combination of letters and numbers. Don't use any special characters (such as question marks or periods) as they may not work. The password will not be displayed when you enter it. Passwords are case-sensitive. This means that "hello" is not the same as "Hello".
- Password AGAIN
- Enter the same password you entered above. This is to help prevent miskeyed passwords that may otherwise go unnoticed.
- Brief Hint
- Enter a brief hint that will help you remember your password in case you forget it. For example, if your password is your dog's name, your hint might be "woof".
Copyright ©1996-2009 SofTech Consulting Chappaqua, N.Y., USA